Today system administrators utilizing open source solutions have no way to programmatically manage their storage hardware in a vendor neutral way. This project’s main goal is to provide this needed functionality. To facilitate management automation, ease of use and take advantage of storage vendor supported features which improve storage performance and space utilization.
- Community open source project.
- Free software under the GNU Lesser General Public License.
- A long term stable C API.
- A set of bindings for common languages with initial support for python.
- Supporting these actions:
- List storage pools, volumes, access groups, or file systems.
- Create and delete volumes, access groups, file systems, or NFS exports.
- Grant and remove access to volumes, access groups, or initiators.
- Replicate volumes with snapshots, clones, and copies.
- Create and delete access groups and edit members of a group.
- List Linux local SCSI/ATA/NVMe disks.
- Control IDENT/FAULT LED of local disk via SES(SCSI Enclosure Service).
API User Guides
- Library Developer Guide
- C Plugin developer Guide
- Python Plugin developer Guide
- Proposed project scope
- NetApp ONTAP
- EMC VMAX/DMX/VNX/CX
- Linux Targetd
- IBM XIV/DS/SVC
- NetApp E-Series
- Huawei HVS
- LSI MegaRAID
- HP SmartArray
- Microsemi SAS Controllers
Media & Papers
- Slides from Linux Plumbers Conference 2012
- Youtube video: targetd and lsmcli: a demonstration
- Youtube video: NexentaStor plug-in demo
- White paper